Sarah Coventry was founded by Charles H. Stuart as a sister company to Emmons Jewelry Inc. in 1949. The company was named for Stuart’s granddaughter, Sarah. Sarah Coventry did not design or manufacture its jewelry, which was sold through home parties instead of stores. These parties were hosted by the “Fashion Directors” in their own homes. Jewelry production stopped in the early 1980s, only to begin again in the early 2000s. Early Sarah Coventry jewelry was marked “Coventry”. Other marks used were “Sarah Coventry”, “SC”, “Sarah”, “Sarah Cov”, and “SAC”.