The Weiss Company founder, Albert Weiss, was a former employee of the Coro Jewelry Company. He started his company in 1942 and ran it until he retired. His son, Michael, then took over and continued to operate the company until it closed in 1971. Weiss did especially well in the 1950s and 60s, offering high quality jewelry, which was often made with Austrian rhinestones. The first mark was WEISS in block print. Later Weiss, in script, “Albert Weiss” and AWC were used. The AWC mark, introduced in 1951, featured the W in the shape of a crown and was used by Albert Weiss.