The Beatrix Jewelry Company was started by Nat Sugarman in Rhode Island in 1946. He named the company for his sister. In 1965 the company was purchased by Mr. Leonard Mandell, the company manager. Beatrix Jewelry was known for Christmas and other holiday jewelry from 1966-1983. They also created jewelry for other companies. The company was sold to the Treasure Mater Company in the mid seventies with Mr. Mandell remaining with the company. The BJ mark was first used at this time. Beatrix (BJ) jewelry closed in 1983.